Wednesday 15 January 2014

WIP Wednesday: Radiating Rainbows

Waaaaay back in October I bought a rainbow charm pack destash from Kati at From the Blue Chair.


Over Christmas holidays I had the urge to do something with them.  I ended up with a rainbow layout.


Orignally I planned on having the red "center" offset but I just wasn't feeling it.  I posted the above photo to IG and after some discussion, I decided to keep it centered.


And now the rows are coming together quickly.  The only color that will have duplicate fabrics is the purples.  I don't think I know anyone who has a robust purple stash.  If more purple fabrics is the only good thing to come out of Radiant Orchid 2014 I will be happy!

Linking up with Lee of Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.

7 comments:

  1. love the pixelated rainbow! now i kind of want my own rainbow charm pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rainbow...though I am a fan of the off center placement. I like things a little off kilter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh love your bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so bright and cheerful. I like how you moved the red back to the center.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't rainbow-y quilts fun? If you're concerned about the repeating purples, I can send you some charm squares if you'd like, Leigh Ann! I'm pretty sure I've got a bunch in my scrap stash. Are you planning to to the Pantone Quilt Challenge through On the Windy Side?

    ReplyDelete