Friday 5 July 2013

A Promise Kept!


When my mother in law was here in May, I promised her these pillows would be complete the nest time I saw her.  In 1 hour, I am heading out for a weekend of camping with the ILs so these pillows had a deadline!


I followed this tutorial and found it pretty easy to follow.  In fact it was significantly easier than I thought it would be.  But I was shocked (!) at how much fabric it uses.  And while my second pillow was definitely better than my first, I did struggle to get pretty points.


The front fabrics are a variety from my stash.  In fact many of them were in my very first large internet fabric purchase! I backed them in a floral print from the Happy Go Lucky line.  It doesn't really go with the front but it does work with MIL's sofa.  So now she has a set of reversible pillows!
They finish at 20" square and have a hidden zipper in the back.

I'm happy that I finally tried the cathedral window technique but I'm not sure I will do another one.  And if I do, it will definitely be on a smaller scale. 

Linking up with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts.

10 comments:

  1. OMG!!! These pillows are gorgeous... your mom is very lucky!! One of these days I must try to make Cathedral Window blocks and a pillow would be the perfect small project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what beautiful pillows! Lucky mother-in-law. Have fun camping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning pillow -- thanks for the link to the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to try these but the fabric requirements are ridiculous. Your's are gorgeous though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful! I love your fabric choices. Your mother-in-law is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cathedral cushions. What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are gorgeous, I'm sure your mil will love them:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful. I'm planning to make something with that pattern in the near future. I think a pillow is a good project for cathedral windows because they don't have to be too big.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the green with the white - quite stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Pillows! Love the white with the green, and the backing fabric is amazing! I bet your Mother in Law loved them!

    ReplyDelete