Thursday 18 April 2013

New Fabric in the Shop!

This week I got a big shipment of fabric for Ella's Cottage.  A selection of prints from both PB&J by Basic Grey and 2wenty Thr3e by Cosmo Cricket.  They are both awesome collections so I am going to devote a post to each of them individually.


First up: PB&J.  As a scrapbooker I have been familiar with Basic Grey for years.  But I honestly didn't realize that there was a corresponding fabric collection for each paper collection!  And although I loved their patterns I didn't buy a whole lot of them.  They didn't really fit my scrapbooking style.  But as fabric, I am love with them.


The solids always have such a wonderful dimension to them.  They feel a little distressed, a little vintage.  And the best part is that the colors in this line work well with other lines.  The yellow coordinates wonderfully with Comma, for example.


I am not generally a fan of floral prints.  But these ones are amazing.  I have yet to see a photo do them justice.  My sofa will be receiving a pillow in the Creamy colourway ASAP!


There are a variety of geometric prints in this collection which is a really nice offset to the larger scale prints.  This photo shows Raspberry Jam (top) and Hip Fab (bottom).  These don't have a distressed look to them so they are great for the stash.


Bag of Chips is a great basket weave pattern that you can't go wrong with.


Last but not least, is Thermos.  Thermos is a wonderful patchwork alphabet print.  I can see a lot of baby gifts and nurseries featuring these!

I fell in love with these fabrics as soon as I unpacked them and immediately started cutting into it to make a quilt.


Before long, I had a wonderful collection of 3" squares just begging for some chain piecing.  Stay tuned for quilt pictures :)

PB&J is now listed in the shop by the yard.  Bundles will be up shortly.

1 comment:

  1. These are just lovely!!! Can't wait to work with some of these. I have all KINDS of projects in mind!!

    ReplyDelete