Friday 26 April 2013

Friday Finish

I did it!  I had to stay up past my bedtime last night but I finished my postage stamp quilt top.


Unfortunately, it is a cold, dreary, windy morning here and my poor helper had frozen fingers before we could get any great photos.


I will make it up to you when I finish quilting and binding it!  This quilt has been a work in progress since early in the fall.  I used 99.8% scraps.  And most of those were scraps smaller than 3" square.  I originally thought I could get it finished to give as a Christmas gift.  HA!  Then I readjusted and thought I could for sure get it finished for her birthday at the end of  March.  And if I'm being perfectly honest, it probably wouldn't be done now if she hadn't seen it over the weekend and begged me to finish it before her Daddy comes home next weekend. 


I originally planned on finishing it at 48" x 56" but decided to take advantage of being able to go bigger and made it 56" x 64".  It will be her couch quilt and at this size should work through adulthood for her.

She does love it and every day she picks a new favorite square :)  The current plan is to get it basted over the weekend and spend an hour a day next week quilting it until it is finished.  It will be my first time using a sheet as backing and I can admit I am terrified!  Any tips or tricks?  It is a flannelette sheet if that matters at all.

Linking up with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts

1 comment: