Wednesday 16 November 2011

WIP Wednesday


This dress is definitely not my brainchild.  I saw it first on pinterest and followed it back to it's owner pecan-sandies . A friend also pinned it as something she wanted for her daughter.  She's not a sewer, my daughter doesn't do dresses well and so I immediately knew I would be making it for her. 

The idea rolled around in my head, I went out and bought the fabric, cut it into squares and stalled.  A month passed before I was motivated to start working again.  I sewed all of the strips together, ruffled and made a big trapezoid before I stalled again.  I couldn't wrap my head around how to do the lining.  A few months later and my friend's daughter was nearing her first birthday.  So I figured I better get my butt in gear LOL.

She turned one on Monday and fortunately this dress is 18-24 months (to allow maximum twirling time).  I'm crossing my fingers that my friend will take some pictures of Isla spinning and let me post them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment